Welcome to the SourceSeek outsourcing blog. Our sole focus will be to provide insight and content to support our efforts helping companies find great contract outsource tech teams.
We feel the time is right for this type of service: Competition for software engineers has become intense. Meanwhile, the worldwide need to deploy more and more software has increased. But while the technical aspects of software development have seen great advances in value and efficiency, the human element remains stubbornly sticky.
As a software professional myself, I’ve spent decades watching teams struggle with remote software development teams. During the 90’s, I was a developer and technical lead at a web services firm. For the last 14 years, I’ve owned a successful software development company that relies exclusively on global, virtual teams for all development. And for more than 20 years, I’ve worked with both large and small clients, to examine both the client and the vendor sides of successful software development.
Based on client and colleague requests, SourceSeek was born to put these lessons to work.
Statistics vary, but most people agree that up to 75% of software projects fail in some critical way – whether they are outsourced or not. That means that just 25% of software projects are successful. SourceSeek’s mission is to show you how to be part of that successful 25%.
A few ground rules:
- No evangelism, no snake oil, no bandwagon, and no platitudes. We aren’t selling anything beyond what will help you succeed in outsourcing.
- No boring, esoteric discussions about process and methodologies that are so nuanced that they are totally useless.
- No no geeky technical blather about some programming theory that you probably don’t care about and has nothing to do your real world needs.
- Yes to practical advice for decision-makers who are tasked with outsourcing software projects work and need to make it work.
People who know me know that I’m a straight-ahead guy, and that’s what you’ll find if you work with SourceSeek or read this blog. No BS, just useful, actionable, no-fluff information that will help you succeed in software development.
Latest posts by Dave Hecker (see all)
- Empowering Developers: The Software Estimation Hotseat - April 18, 2017
- Impressions from Lviv IT Arena 2016 - October 11, 2016
- Contracts with Russian Teams: Interview with Gene Taschkinov - September 30, 2016